Wednesday 18 January 2012

Creative Writing

Week 2: Creative writing. 

This week we are supposed to discover some online tools to boost creativity. There are so many pages that I didn't know or I haven't heard of. It's unbelievable the high number of tools and things left to discover. 
In the first task we need to choose one character, one setting and one plot from a number of pictures and then to write the beginning of a story. 

1. Character 2. Setting   e. Plot      
 1A
 2A
 3A
 1B
 2B
Pic-Lits
 3B
 1C
Story Starters
 2C
 3C
 1D
 2D
 3D
Links in this column contain prompts and story starters for creative writing.  
Links in this column encourage writing through digital storytelling.
Links in this column foster writing through personal reflection  
  Note: All images in this chart are from Worth1000 and Flickr. The original links (or tinyurl) are immediately under each image.  


My beginning was this:

I'd always loved living on my own in this deserted island. I used to think that nature was my only and beloved friend and that didn't need more than watching beautiful sunrises and sunsets.One day, while I was searching for food I discovered a door which I have never seen before. Where that door would lead me? Was I ready to open it? I wondered. 

In task 2, we have to click the link below the pictures we have already chosen to explore a website which can be used to deal with creative writing. 
My links were:



But there were many more links to choose from. 

I concentrated most on Zooburst. In this page students can write a book and add pop-ups. It is a friendly-user page and there are instructions for everything. 
I think that students and teachers can profit from this page since images as well as texts are used. Using images is a good way to help students think about what they are going to write. 
I had my first humble attempt at that page to see how it works. Here is the link to my story:


As there are so many things that can be done on this page, it is a bit time consuming at first. However it is worth the time spent, so take a seat and enjoy your journey. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm also part of EVO this year, but I'm working in the workshop about digital tools to enhance our job. It's incredible to see the number of things our there to try and include in our class. By the way, I gave it shot to this book-maker software, and as you mentioned, it takes time. I find it rather novel and dynamic for kids and teens as well. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete